The Terms 2016
Dubrovnik, October 20th-23th 2016.
DUFF (The Dubrovnik Film Festival) is a film festival for the children and the youth of the Mediterranean countries.
The Mission of the festival is to enable, motivate and promote film making in children and youth.
The vision of the festival is to become the permanent window presenting the annual production of amateur films made by the children and youth in the countries of the Mediterranean.
The Dubrovnik Cinemas
Luža – Media Culture Promoting Association
Summer Film School Šipan
THE TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The festival will accept aplications of authors creating and /or living in the Mediterranean countries, who are younger than twenty years of age at the time of production of their film(s).
2. The offical selection in the animated, fiction and documentary category will be devided into two age groups (<15 and 16 - 20), while all films in the open category will compete in one group, regardless of the age of their authors.
3. Individuals, schools, clubs and associations are welcome to enter their work. Each author or organization can enter an unlimited number of films. There is no charge for the participation
in the festival.
4. The maximum duration of any individual film must not exceed 20 minutes (credits included).
5. Submitted films must not be filmed before September 1st 2014.
6. All films must be subtitled in English.
7. Online applications must be fulfilled.
8. Films are submitted to the organizer in the following video formats: AVI/MOV/MP4/MPEG, uploaded on the organizer's Wetransfer account – https://duff.wetransfer.com.
9. Alternatively, works in the above mentioned video formats may be submitted on a DVD and sent by regular post to the following address: Kinematografi Dubrovnik, Branitelja Dubrovnika 42, 20000 Dubrovnik, Croatia. If works are sent by regular mail, the filled in and signed application form must be enclosed with the entries.
11. The entries must be sent by the first of August 2016.
12. Entries not complying to the above mentioned regulations shall not enter the selection process.
13. The festival reserves the rights to the use of the works entered for the promotion of film making. The festival also reserves the rights to show the entries in public, in the media and any other form of public projection, including the copying of the works in the non profit intent of storing them in festival archive.
14. The films that will be included in the programme of the festival will be announced by the middle of September 2016 on the festival's web page: www.kinematografi.org. The authors that have entered the official programme will be notified via email as well.
The list of awards:
The jury :
1. Best films – animated category (<15 and 16 - 20)
2. Best films – fiction (<15 and 16 - 20),
3. Best films – documentary (<15 and 16 - 20)
4. Best film – open category
5. Grand Prix
1. Kid's choice – best animated film
2. Audience award – best film
The awards are not finacial.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL EXPENSES
In accordance with its capacities the festival will organize free board and meals for the participants that have been selected to participate in the Festival. (One young filmmaker and one adult escort per film). The accommodation of additional participants can be organized at a sponsored price during the duration of the Festival. The organizers do not cover travel expenses.
Dube Mikulić , +38520638640 / 417107, office manager
Đive Galov, +38520638640 / 417107, festival director
Igor Miošić, +385989049221, festival coordinator
Miro Bronzić, +385992167653, technical director
Branitelja Dubrovnika 42
tel. +38520417107, +38520638640